Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Domo-Kun's comin' to get you!

I got this Domo-Kun plushie for Marcus back in August 2006. As Crystal had described it on Marcus' journal back then:

I really didn't know what it was — and even when [Luis] showed me pictures of this little brown square monster, the mascot of a Japanese TV station, I was still left scratching my head. To me, it looked like an evil potato with scary fangs. But Luis was adamant: Marcus should have a Domo-Kun. It would be the most unique toy in his collection! He'd be the envy of all the babies in the 'hood!

The idea for this particular oddity came from the Fark-inspired legend of the Domo-Kun, which you can read more about here, and here.

And yes: Marcus is still the only baby in the neighborhood, and perhaps in all of Brooklyn, who has his very own Domo-Kun. Rawr!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I'd be interested to know what a Domo-Kun eats? It has awfully sharp teeth in that gaping maw to be vegetarian. Unless it uses them to consume raw carrots?

Luis Bueno said...

The Domo-Kun munches on people who make smart remarks. :-D