Monday, February 05, 2007

Cool Runnings

The temperature in NYC continues to plummet to arctic lows. This morning it was 10°F, with a wind chill factor of -6°F.

Without question, this would be a day at the beach for most Canadians. but for everyone else south of the 49th Parallel, it was incredibly cold. To prepare for my five-mile run at 6:00 AM, I had to put on extra gear to keep from freezing my tail on the trail. Some of the garments included:

RRS lined Gore-tex jacket: $200.00.
Nike Gore-tex lobster mitts: $75.00.
EMS windproof fleece hat: $40.00
Neoprene mask: $15.00.
Looking like a bank robber: Priceless.

2 comments:

Acornbud said...

Brr. I hope you were warm enough! Hasn't anyone invented eyeball warmers yet?

Luis Bueno said...

acornbud, I have a pair of sports glasses which can use clear lenses for those very windy and cold days. After trying them on for this shot, I determined that I looked too much like a soulless cyborg, which says a lot about how preferrable it is to look like a dangerous criminal instead. :)